Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Happiest of Birthdays

At the year marker for our wedding, we had a celebration to attend. My dear daddy's 55th birthday. We had a lovely dinner at my parents with my aunts, uncles, and Karen (a dear friend of my parents). I am in love with my mom's pork roast and am so disappointed that when Daryl and I attempted to make it a few weeks ago, it didn't turn out "just so" *sigh*. Next time, I swear, I better get it right! The silver lining - I made gravy for the first time ever, and I didn't kill Daryl, it turned out pretty good!

Either way, I made the birthday cake for Daddy-O and it was pretty cute, if I do say so myself. It actually was the tallest cake I've made so far, and has me convinced that if our cake wasn't included in our wedding package, that I'd be able to fend for myself and make the whole thing, not just the topper. But, I am not as crazy as some people think, and I probably wouldn't attempt such insanity the few days leading up the wedding. I plan on being totally set a week ahead of time. So far, so good... 325 days left to change that. LOL


1 comment:

Kelly said...

Happy Very Belated Birthday Uncle Doug!