We've had great success checking things off our to-do list in the past few weeks:
- My mom is currently working on a few additional things that we want to add to the decor at the hall (a few planter boxes, tin candle holders, and tin planters for the guestbook table).
- We finished the centrepieces - they are a long way from my original vision, but they're cute, and DONE, so I am happy.
- My final dress fitting is on Thursday, and I will be so THRILLED to be done with this dress fiasco. Piece of advice: when a bridal shop owner tells you to order a certain size, DO IT, even if the size you have on fits JUST FINE; do what she says and everything will work out much better in the end. However, they are magic - so even if you don't listen, it will turn out just fine anyway, but it SUCKED finding that out the hard way.
- Tuxes are ordered too. I think attire was the one thing about this whole process that had me stressed. But it will all be fine.
- I picked up my shoes yesterday - I took them in to be dyed. I LOVE THEM. They aren't your traditional white or ivory shoe anymore, and it's perfect! I am trying to get as far away from the cookie-cutter wedding as possible, while still trying to keep to the traditions that are important to Daryl. Although, not getting married in a chapel/church is all on him.
- My engagement ring is back on my finger. It was stressful having it gone for a week, but it looks beautiful. I love that white gold can be refinished - the BIG bonus of not going with platinum. So now it's all shiny and new looking for the big day.
- The tanning process is well underway. Daryl isn't red like a tomato anymore, and I am darker than I have been in probably 7 years. Although - I am not a big fan of laying there under lights, sweating buckets. It's not my thing, so when our 2 month membership is up, I'm pretty sure I will be going back to my super-white self. :o)
- Gifts for our wedding party, etc are TH-----IS close to being finished. I just have to finish a couple of projects, purchase a couple little things, and do my wrapping. Daryl's gift has been done for a long time, it turned out fantastic, and I'm sure he will like it very much.
Anyway, off I go to help my dear friend, Daryl - he's playing with the puppy, and I think she may have just licked his nostril. It's always nice to have help when that happens - it's a gross experience. :oP
'Til next time!
PS - Adding a couple bridal shower pictures to this post, they are also on our wedding website if you want to see more!
Above: My wonderful bridesmaids (left-right), Laura, Shannon, & Marie-Terese.
Above: Me and my wonderful girls (and yes, this is a grammatically correct sentence, "my bridesmaids and I" would be wrong - trust me... I hated that class too).